terça-feira, 25 de novembro de 2008

Composition Contest Winner


This is the composition from our winner, Guilherme:

The Internet in my Life

I had a computer at home, but it was just used as an educational tool for my sister and me. I’m not sure about my very first experience with the Internet. However, I am sure it was at the place where my dad worked. I went with him to his work and while he was doing his tasks, I was surfing the web, checking out sites about computer games, chatting and so on.

I remember when I started to access the internet at home. It was necessary to dial to an internet service provider by telephone line and every time my mother asked to shut down the computer because she needed to call someone. It was amazing to download files, to hear music, to play on-line games with your friends. I played at first the multiplayer game “The Age of Empires”.

Nowadays I’m used to surfing everyday to read e-mails, to chat with my friends, to download some new songs or to search for interesting news, to watch my favorite series, hence, to spend my leisure time. Internet became an essential tool to study harder, to work faster and to communicate more frequently.

It’s also possible to shop online. Actually, it’s very handy to compare prices on online stores before I go shopping. I’ve bought several books around the world just by doing some clicks. At times, it was cheaper to buy an African book than a Brazilian one.

Actually I don’t understand how we could live without the Internet for so long in the past.

Congrats once again, Guilherme!

Nenhum comentário:

Total de visualizações de página